A Performance Based Interpretation of the 2020 National Electrical Code®
This course is designed to provide a review of proper industrial wiring practices as applied to industrial locations. Added emphasis will be placed on recent code updates.
Upon completion of this course, the participant should be able to do the following:
- Apply the Working & Dedicated Space Requirements of the Code Given Various Industrial Case Studies
- Size the Ungrounded, Grounded, & Grounding Conductors & the Overcurrent Protection Devices for Various Industrial Applications including: Heaters, Motors, & Variable Frequency Drives
- Correctly Size Various Types of Raceways & Enclosures Given Such Variables as Conductor Insulation Type, Number of Conductors, Size of Conductors, Type of Load, Distance between Overcurrent Device & Utilization Equipment, & Temperature
- Apply the Code to Determine the Installation Requirements for Various Types of Raceways & Enclosures to include Cable Trays, Rigid Metal & Nonmetallic Conduct, Liquid Tight Flexible Metal & Nonmetallic Conduit, Motor Control Centers, Switchboards & Panelboards
- Select & Apply the Proper Equipment to Be Used in Typical Industrial Hazardous Locations